«We connect people to conservation through birds».
- Share #OneBirdPerDay in Birds Colombia, the best digital photo album of the birds of Colombia, with the collaboration of 100 photographers, more than 1600 species shared to date.
- #AVueloDePájaro a campaign to show the problem of the birds.
- #CharlasPajareras a podcast sharing the stories behind each guest’s birding journey.
- In 2020 we created «Birders Together», a campaign to help 150 people who were left without income during the pandemic. We were able to get 22 operating companies and managed to collect U$50,000 in 500 donations.
We also created «Guardián de las aves», a project for children to pursue conservation by making them fall in love with birds.
- In three years 850 children have participated, we have delivered 30 birding kits with binoculars, bird guide, backpack, vest, cap and T-shirt.
- Children’s club with free admission to program partner sites.
- Educational committee of 9 children with a channel to create content by kids for kids.
In 2021 Niky & Mauro made the first Big Year in Colombia.
- We were able to record 1,453 species.
- We carry a conservation message about the endemic Colombian Grebe, the only extinct species in Colombia, and talking about the 16 species that are critically endangered.
- We gave a voice to conservation, 329 people told their story in our networks.
- Birding for conservation, 789 children throughout Colombia vowed «Long live bird guardians».
Niky was born in Ibagué/Tolima/Colombia, she was selected as one of the photographers of the book 100 Colombian photographers 2018.
Director of «Guardián de las aves» project.
Tour Languages: Spanish/English/Hebrew